Choosing Between Repair and Replacement
Will a repair make your furnace lasts for years to come or will it just increment your money loss and break down shortly after? While thinking about this decision you will need to keep some important factors in mind:
1. The Furnace’s Age
It’s logical. If your furnace is too old, investing money on a repair can signify more losses than wins in terms of investment. Compare your furnace’s age to the average lifespan.
Furnaces live up to 15 to 20 years on average. However, if you don’t know how old your furnace is, you can look for a year on the furnace as technicians oftentimes write the year of installation on the furnace itself.
If you can’t find it, turn it off and wait for it to cool. Look for a metal ID plate found on the chamber door. Locate the model and serial numbers. Afterward, call the furnace manufacturer’s customer care number to inquire about the date the furnace was manufactured.
If the furnace is older than 20 years old, this means you should consider replacing it at once. Furnaces will only live up to their average if they are properly maintained. There are other factors to consider after finding out the age of your furnace, such as:
2. Repair vs. Replacement Costs
Compare the two and consider which is more convenient for you. If you are interested in repairing your furnace, consider the value. You can call Top Gun Heating And Air, LLC to help you make a trustworthy decision in regards to gas furnace repair and replacement in North Richland Hills, TX. Our expert technicians will let you know if a repair is advantageous. If it is a replacement you need after a clear diagnostic of your system, then you can count on our experts to advise you on the system that you need for the future of your home’s comfort.
3. Your Budget Needs
You are the most important factor when it comes to replacing or repairing your furnace, since everyone is tied to unique situations, for instance:
- Your budget: Not everyone can afford a brand new furnace, so in the end, repairing it may be your best choice.
- Energy efficiency: If you notice your heating bills are consistently rising, you may want to consider a replacement of your furnace to start saving. Getting a new furnace can easily save you 10%-25% off your heating bills depending on your new furnace’s efficiency levels.
- Comfort needs: If your old furnace has been serving your family for years, but you’ve come to find that it’s just not providing the comfort you need any longer, then maybe it’s worth the cost to replace the unit.
- Frequency of repair: If you own an old furnace that has a long repair history behind it, this may be a sign that it needs replacement. In the long run, it can be much more costly trying to keep a dying unit in working order, rather than just replacing it.
Call Us Today
Call Top Gun Heating And Air, LLC at (682) 214-0431 today for gas furnace repair and replacement in North Richland Hills, TX. Our technicians will be happy to help you.