How Much Do Furnace Repairs Cost?
Top Gun Heating & Air services is one of the best in the business when it comes to heating repair in the Fort Worth area. That being said, we guarantee that you will receive the absolute best service possible. We also won’t gouge you on the price. Now that the cold weather is coming, it is good to have a general idea of what it takes to repair a furnace. Service fees will typically run from $50 to $100 and could be more in the event of an emergency. The average cost for a furnace repair according to HVAC.com is around $300. This is for your typical maintenance and if a furnace is not routinely maintained could result in a lot higher repair costs.
Top Gun Air is completely transparent when it comes to pricing. We like to give our customers the best furnace repair pricing in the Fort Worth area.
Approximate Costs of Common Furnace Repairs
Companies may vary between HVAC companies. The average costs for a furnace repair is as follows according to HVAC.com.
- Faulty ignitors: $300 – $400
- Replacing the thermostat: $20 – $200+, depending on the new model you select
- Flame sensors: $80 – $250
- Furnace motor: $400 – $1,500, however could be more depending on the severity of the problem
Signs Your Furnace Requires Repair
Top Gun Air suggests that your furnace is routinely maintained so you can avoid the costly repairs. We can provide you with routine service at a cheap price. Think of this as getting our oil changed on your car. It needs to be done to avoid costly repairs. We don’t want it to be too late before you need to call us for an emergency repair. If your heating system is not producing heat or is making weird noises then it may be time to call us. In the meantime, here are some things to pay attention to:
- New or sudden noises such as grinding, screeching, hissing, rattling, or clanking
- Bad smells such as rotten eggs or anything of that sort
- Any smell of anything burning
- The lack of heat produced by your heating system
- Increased cost of your energy bill
To Repair or Replace a Furnace?
In the event that you experience a high repair cost of your furnace, it may be worth it into looking into replacing your heating system. If your heating system problems comes to this consider the following:
- Age of your furnace: If your furnace is nearing 15 years old, it may be time to replace it with a new, more energy efficient system. Tax credits may be received when upgrading depending on the situation.
- Cost of repairs: If the cost is near half of a new furnace, it may be time to replace your heating system. Typically new systems come with warranties that will help protect you with unforeseen costs
- Frequency of repairs: If your heating system requires constant repair, it may be time to buy a more reliable system.
For any of these needs, Top Gun Air can help you. We will give you the best service for you Fort Worth heating repair. All you need to do is call us or request a quote. Click the link here to get started.